- Film Week celebrating CPV’s founding anniversary opens
- Ho Chi Minh Young Pioneers’ Brigade celebrates 65th founding anniversary
- August 7-13: NA Standing Committee convenes, ASEAN founding anniversary celebrated
- In 2017 Vietnam and India celebrate the 10th Anniversary of Strategic Partnership
- President greets Cao Dai followers for anniversary
Hanoi (VNA) – The 91st founding
anniversary of the Cao Dai religion was celebrated in Ho Chi Minh City on October 12.
Head of the management
board of the Nam Thanh oratory Nguyen Huu Nhon highlighted the development of
the Cao Dai sect and called on Cao Dai dignitaries and followers to promote
solidarity and patriotism to build and safeguard the nation.
The Nam Thanh oratory,
previously known as Cau Kho oratory, was the founding place of the Cao Dai
The management board
of Nam Thanh oratory has actively implemented humanitarian programmes such as
providing free health check-ups and treatment and medicines for poor patients.
From 2012 to 2017, the
Nam Thanh oratory’s health facility provided free examination and medicines for
needy people and launched social charitable programmes worth around 3.7 billion
VND (over 162,000 USD).
Founded in 1926, Cao Dai is one of the
major religions in Vietnam,
with 10,000 dignitaries, along with about 2.5 million followers in Vietnam and
30,000 living overseas. The religion has 1,300 places of worship in 37 provinces
and cities nationwide.-VNA